Frequently Asked Questions
The Leading International Networking, Training & Development Business Club For Female Executives And Entrepreneurs
What else is on your mind? What do you need to know to make a decision to join us now? If your answer is not covered below please email us with your question and we can add the response to these FAQ’s.
ABOUT OUR MEETINGS
Our business network lunch meetings start at 12 pm. Our visitors have the opportunity to meet other professional business women during a time of informal networking. At 12.30pm the formal section of the meeting starts and continues throughout lunch.
○ Introduction – Each meeting will be looked after by a chairperson who will introduce the group’s committee and ensure that the meeting flows and keeps to time so that we can respect your business schedule.
○ Monthly Minute – Every member and visitor are invited to present themselves and their business for 1 minute.
○ Networking Strategy Training – A five-minute networking strategy designed to enhance your networking skills and focus your networking activity for the next month.
○ Business Development Training – This is a ten-minute presentation given by an expert in an area that will help women with their business growth.
○ Let’s Talk Business – This is quite possibly the most invaluable component of an Athena meeting; an opportunity for all the guests to talk to the group about any business referrals they might have for one another. It is an opportunity for members to share any new business success stories or give recommendations.
○ Closing – although the meeting officially finishes at 2 pm, there will be an opportunity to carry on networking, which many members choose to do. Alternatively, we finish early enough for you to schedule another meeting in the afternoon.
Remember to bring a minimum of 30 business cards and promotional material to the meeting with you.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
To ensure that there is no conflict of interest each business networking lunch group allows only one person per profession to join.
Membership is open to women business owners. Women who are employees and in roles where they are decision makers responsible for generating new business and clients are also welcome.
You are welcome to attend up to 1 meeting of The Athena Network® as a visitor; in any 1 of the groups in our network. This enables you to see how our meetings operate and if our model is right for you, and for your business before you make the decision to join. To avoid disappointment, we recommend that you make a decision after the meeting as we cannot guarantee that the position will be available thereafter. We do have ladies join in-between meetings and after consultation with the Regional Director.
Membership is by application only and business references will be requested for each applicant. This will be done by the committee of the group the individual is applying to join.
Please contact us on 0208 144 7982 to speak to someone about visiting The Athena Network® near you.
HOW OUR GROUPS WORK
Each group has a committee consisting of a Chairperson, an Events Co-Ordinator and a Membership Secretary. The committee is responsible for making sure that all aspects of the meeting run smoothly. Together the team ensures that:
○ Visitors and members are welcomed into the group
○ Visitors are introduced to useful contacts
○ All questions are managed either at the meeting or responded to immediately after the meeting
○ The venue and its facilities are suitable for the meetings
○ All guests payments are managed
Serving on the committee gives each woman a great opportunity to raise their profile within the group and to contribute to the success of The Athena Network® as well as their own business.
Your Investment In The Athena Network®
For more information about the investment you would be making in The Athena Network® please read the information about investment on our HOW TO JOIN page
WHY JOIN THE ATHENA NETWORK®?
In addition to providing a networking community, the Founder Jacqueline Rogers is committed to supporting women business owners and women business professionals to develop their business and personal skills. She recognised that networking without the knowledge of how to grow a business was prohibitive to the success of many women.
The Regional Directors, committee and members of the group ensure The Athena Network® aims are met.